Monday, April 07, 2008

Spicy Chicken Burrito = Amazing

In a little over 24 hours, I will be 22.
In a little over 4 weeks, I will be a UNCW alumni.

In American Romanticism, we're being made to read Moby Dick. Now, any of you that have seen Moby Dick know that it's a rather large book and I'm having a slow go of it trying to through. Yesterday I went to the library to try and isolate myself and get some good time in. I read for two hours, in one of the first chapters I read, Ishmael and his companion stop by an Inn on Nantucket and are treated to some of the most delicious sounding Clam and Cod chowder ever. Suddenly, this boring soup that I've taken for granted for so long came to life for me. This wasn't something that Campbells canned and forgot about - this was a soup RICH in cultural heritage, the stuff of hardened sea captains and salty harpooneers. It is something that people took great pride in.

Subsequently, I became very hungry. After I was done reading I went to the grocery store, bought one can of clam chowder, went back to my apartment and ate it. I've never appreciated a soup so much in my life.

Random fact: I didn't know what Deli was short for until two years ago

No comments: