Friday, January 26, 2007

Winning the Lottery

The (offbeat) sporting life.

Today I went geocaching with Stephen Jeffcoat. We found two of the three we were going for so I'll call that a successful day. If you're reading this and you don't know what geocaching is, go to this site and that should explain everything well enough. I don't feel much like explaining it here. So yeah, I do a lot of that kind of thing.

Matt Stevens has recently shown me the joys of disc golf. Disc golf is like regular golf, but for frat boys. Well, specifically, frat boys who are sober at hole one and a danger to your life by hole 15. I haven't personally seen their drunken rubber disc come flying for my head, but I'm sure others have.

But seriously, disc golf is for normal people too. We show up at the course with three discs between the two of us (all his) and we're greeted by a fairly serious looking group of guys. Imagine, if you will, the pre-launch scene from Armageddon. You guys know the one I'm talking about, where they're all walking in slow motion? Yeah, so these five guys come up with their sunglasses and, yes, little disc golf bags. Someone actually went to the trouble of making a bag for these things that resembles the homely love child of a golf bag and a camera bag. I knew it was going to be a fun day.

Despite the waves of intimidation coming from their general vicinity, I was able to let the discs fly and didn't do as poorly as I had imagined. I might have to pick this up as a regular hobby and purchase some discs of my on. That being said, if you ever see me toting aroung a bag for them, do me a favor.

Slap me
or
Find a midget to be my disc caddie.

I like change machines because I always walk away feeling like a winner.

1 comment:

Forzavryheid said...

LOL!!

I saw a GPS system with my familys name on it over on that site.

WOO HOO!!

Semi-demi-Z list celebrity ville here I come!!

This disc golf thing sounds fun.

WHERE DO I SIGN UP??