Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Why I Love the Smell of Gunpowder

Today I have some links for you fine folks to check out.

First of all, I'd just like to point out that one of my predictions for the year has already come to pass. Something DID blow up in Iraq. I know you're probably stunned at how soon this happened after my prediction, but with that being said here is the official story. Scores killed in Baghdad blasts - Los Angeles Times
This time it looks like it took the lives of several college students. It pains me to think of several of my contemporaries lost at such an early age. I hate the war because I hate all wars and I hope peace can be achieved in those parts soon. I urge you all to never let the situation in that area escape your concern or your prayers.

Secondly, and on a lighter note, I have to bring up a link from UNCW's own web site. Every so often UNCW does a short piece on a "Soaring Seahawk," a student of outstanding collegiate citizenship.
University of North Carolina Wilmington - Soaring Seahawk
Now, you may be surprised to see that I didn't send you a page about me, that's understandable, BUT take a second look. Perhaps you notice that handsome out-of-focus fellow in the background wearing a blue shirt? Yes, I did manage to make it in on one of those pages somehow. I'm not sure but I think it's safe to jump the gun on UNCW and announce this early on my blog. I'm officially a "Deliberate and Low Gliding Seahawk."

Ah, something smells like corduroy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When are you going to have my baby!

Devin said...

All I have to do to become a "Soaring Seahawk" is play a game of oozeball?