Friday, March 23, 2007

Midday Moon

Today we went to Lowes. I had a conversation with my sister about how I hope adulthood doesn't ever take over in me and she assured me that it would. I then began considering the slow degeneration. I think it would go something like this

Scene
Nathan, at 29 years of age, is walking into a Lowes with his lovely wife (haha). She wants to get some stuff for the house.

Nathan:
Let's hurry up, please.

Vanessa (let's call her that):
Calm down, I won't take too long.

Nathan:
You know how I hate this place...

Vanessa:
And I know how much you love me, right.

Nathan:
You're absolutly right, beautiful wife of mine (grumbles under breath).

Vanessa:
Besides, it's about time you took an interest in making our house look its best.

Nathan:
The day I do that is the day I know it's all over. I refuse to grow-
Oh, that's really pretty edging brick. That would look nice around the driveway in the front...
...oh no, NO.....NOOOOOOOOOO!

Vanessa:
See, I told you it was coming.

Nathan:
Noooooo!!!

Vanessa:
I could see it in your eyes when you were eyeing that bamboo fountain on the way in.

Nathan:
WHY? WHY!? Oh the HUMANITY!!!!

And that's pretty much how I think it would go. Hopefully I'll be smarter than that when the time comes. I still have a few good years left in me. Let's hope I make the best of them.

Oh yeah. Vanessa, if you're out there, I like pumpkin pie. Bake me one and things will probably go smoother for us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, I'd like to say that's how it happened to me, but in truth, I've always liked Lowes...and brick edging